Built by public subscription on land gifted by the Earl of Gainsborough in 1891 the Hall is owned by the Village of Langham and managed on their behalf by a group of Trustees and Officers. The Hall was registered as a charity from the very beginning and continues to meet its original objectives which were to provide a range of recreational activities, intellectual, sporting , educational and a place for entertainment for the benefit of the people of Langham and its immediate vicinity.
Langham has a population c1400 (Village Plan 2014) with a growing proportion of older inhabitants (over 55) which is likely to increase. Langham is officially categorised as “an elderly countryside community”.
The hiring of the Hall to local residents, and from the wider surrounding area, enables all to enjoy social interaction with activities which are wide-ranging. These include opportunities to enjoy Sporting, Cultural, Health & Wellbeing and Educational activities on a regular basis.
It is also used as a not for profit Community facility for a weekly post office and community cafe. Seniors Lunches and also activities for sufferers from dementia
In addition it is available for private and commercial hire.