Major refurbishment project phase 1 complete.
Villagers and users will have noticed the shiny new roof on the main hall and the new ceiling inside. This ongoing programme of work is needed to ensure our Hall remains, not only fit for purpose for the next 40 years but will enhance the facilities by increasing the range of activities we can offer and with the new roof, steel supports and a new internal ceiling we will for the first time have proper insulation making the whole building warmer and more energy efficient. Total cost of the work exceeds £66K and has been made possible by over £51k as a grant from the European Agricultural Fund for Rural Development (LEADER FUND) as part of its support for Rural Communities, £7K as a grant from Langham Parish Council and £8K from the proceeds of previous Langham street Markets. We have also been supported by RCC in their provision of a bridging loan.
The first phase is now complete and hall is back to fully functioning.
The first phase work gave us;
- New Steel supports that hold up the new ceiling and restrain the masonry
- New Ceiling with lots of insulation to keep the place warmer in the winter
- Wall ties installed on the front wall to stabilise the masonry
- New electrical ring main and sockets
- Heating re-installed
- Fresh coat of paint throughout
- Floor protection cleared
- Deep clean ready for use
Future phases will bring;
- Further improvements to the electrics
- Insulation to the external walls in the main hall
- Updated heating system and controls
- Replacement of the flat roofs